Everybody needs access to a calculator at some point or another. While some users choose to stick with the calculator built into their smartphone, many others prefer an actual handheld calculator for their day-to-day calculations. Check out our review below of one of the best pocket-sized calculators around, one that has truly stood the test of time — the Sharp EL-377Mb.
General Info about Sharp EL-377TB
The Sharp EL-37Mb is one of the best basic calculators to have around the house. Many users advise keeping one in various rooms around the house, as they so often find themselves referring to it. Whether you want to use this calculator to figure out your monthly bills or use it while on the job, the Sharp EL-377Mb will provide the right answer each and every time. At such a minuscule cost for such an essential tool, it’s almost a crime to turn it away.
Sharp EL-377Mb Product Specifications
- Extra Large 10-Digit, 1-Line LCD Display.
- 3-Key Memory, including Memory Plus, Memory Minus, and Recall/Clear Memory.
- Tax Keys for All Tax Calculations.
- Percentage Calculations.
- Constant Calculation.
- Automatic Shutdown.
- Glass Top Design with a Flat Viewing Angle.
- Plastic Keys with Audible Click.
- Handheld size.
- Powered by Solar Cells and Battery (Included).
- Measures 2.8 by 4.6 by 0.4 inches.
- Weighs 2 ounces.
PROS and CONS of Sharp EL-377Mb
- Both solar- and battery-powered.
- Large display shows numbers clearly and with the perfect amount of contrast.
- Glass top offers protection for LCD display.
- Displays up to 10 digits, making it perfect when calculating all the way up to the billion mark.
- Provides commas where applicable, making it easy to read at a glance.
- Sleek and lightweight build but nevertheless durable.
- Allows for the programming of a specific tax rate.
- Perfect for financial students or professionals (and really anybody else).
- Excellent correction feature that allows you to delete the last incorrect entry without retyping a long string of numbers.
- Memory is retained after the calculator shuts off.
- Durable even after some fumbles and falls
- Memory Recall and Memory Clear functions operate on a single button, rather than as two separate buttons.
- A number of steps are required in order to program a specific tax rate, so make sure to keep the manual handy.
- Lacks a power off button.
- Buttons require very little pressure and don’t offer much in the way of a tactile response.
- Does not come with a carrying case or pouch.
- Has a flat viewing angle.
Common Issues in Sharp EL-377Mb According to User Reviews
- Body of the calculator is too small.
- Comma function places the comma on top of the numbers, rather than in their proper place at the bottom.
These two minor issues are mainly left up to personal preference. While a few users commented negatively on the smallness of the calculator, the majority of these comments actually praised the sleek size. Other major highlights users consistently pointed out include the large, easy-to-read display, which makes the calculator a pleasure to use, and the helpful tax function, which calculates tax effortlessly and also allows for the configuration of whatever tax rate you specify.
As you can see, the Sharp EL-377Mb is the perfect calculator for just about anyone needing to make simple calculations. Take it along with you while grocery shopping and estimate your total, even adding in the tax within seconds.
The uses of this calculator are endless — and it’s a steal, so grab one of these bad boys and you’ll be set to tackle any day-to-day calculation that comes your way. Find us on Facebook and let us know why you love using the incredible Sharp EL-377Mb.