The Sharp EL-1750V is a desktop-sized printing calculator that features many functions to keep the most intense users coming back for more. For all of your on-the-go calculations, this unit is the one. Stay tuned for our review of the Sharp EL-1750V to learn about the specs, pros, and cons.
General Info about the Sharp EL-1750V
With its extra large display, perfectly positioned keyboard layout, and superior printing capabilities, the Sharp EL-1750V is the go-to unit for all of your calculations. Whether you work in an office, freelance, or run your own home office, this calculator delivers it all. This unit is perfect for those working in construction or similar fields where you need something portable while on the road. The Sharp EL-1750V is easy to take along with you and thanks to its battery capability, you can count on it to perform any time you need.
Sharp EL-1750V Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line extra large LCD display with eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with large non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints 2 lines per second in 2 different colors (positive values print in black and negative values print in red).
- Heavy duty paper roller for standard size paper rolls.
- Cost/Sell/Margin, Grand Total, and Average functions.
- Mark-up / mark-down keys.
- Tax conversion.
- Built-in grand total key.
- 4-key memory functionality, including memory plus, memory minus, and recall and clear memory keys.
- Adjustable decimal (floating or fixed decimal), add mode, and item count functions.
- One-touch change calculation function for printing.
- Calendar and clock function for display and printing.
- Powered by AC adapter (included) or 4 AA batteries.
- Dimensions of 12 by 6 by 3 inches (with paper roll).
- Weighs 1.1 pounds.
PROS and CONS of Sharp EL-1750V
- Speedy printing at 2 lines per second.
- Dual-color printing.
- Adjustable rounding setting for printing (up/down/off).
- Tax calculation.
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- Item counter function.
- Ability to print date and time.
- Ideal keyboard layout for the fastest calculations.
- Double zero key.
- Runs on both AC power and battery power.
- Pretty quiet while printing.
- Standard size paper roll.
- Can function as a regular calculator without printing.
- Solid keys with no wobbling.
- Perfect size for desktop.
- Lightweight body.
- Batteries power through for a long time.
- Calendar information displays only in number format (month-day-year).
- Does not allow for variable tax rates.
- No backlighting on display.
- Subtraction function can be confusing.
- Takes some getting used to.
- Serial printing.
- Can be hard to see the display in dim lighting.
- Lacks an automatic shut-off feature.
Common Issues in Sharp EL-1750V User Reviews
- Tax minus and tax plus buttons are next to one another.
- Certain functions, like setting the calendar and time function, are difficult to manage.
- Subtraction can initially be hard to understand
Users had a few minor complaints about the Sharp EL-1750V, such as the fact that the tax minus and tax plus buttons sit beside each other — but this is a matter of personal preference. More important is the issue regarding subtraction. The Sharp EL-1750V functions like any business calculator. Instead of pressing the minus button to subtract, you need to “add” the positive number and the negative number together to arrive at the subtracted result. Besides the few issues mentioned above, users had nothing but praise for the Sharp EL-1750V. Favorite aspects of this calculator include its array of functions, ability to operate on batteries, sleek desktop size, and printing capability.
Overall, the Sharp EL-1750V is an excellent adding machine. It lives up to its expectations with user-friendly functionality, albeit with a few minor issues. If you are in need of a great unit for all of your various calculations, get a true bang for your buck by grabbing the Sharp EL-1750V printing calculator. Leave us a comment below and let us know how you like the calculator.