If you are looking to reduce wear and tear on expensive cutting machinery, you have come to the right place — the Calculated Industries 4088 Machinist Calculator Pro 2 is just what you have been searching for. With its advanced functionality, the Machinist Calculator Pro 2 has everything needed to solve for any and all problems, including face, slot, and end milling, and so much more. To learn more, check out this brief overview.
General Info About the Calculated Industries 4088 Machinist Calculator Pro 2
Thanks to its upgraded system, the Machinist Calculator Pro 2 now offers an extensive list of materials and tool settings combined with WOC and DOC to solve whatever speed and feed calculations you may come across. Also included are step-saving drill and thread chart look-ups, bolt-circle patterns, and right triangle solutions. The large display is a bonus and does not impede on the overall portable build.
The Machinist Calculator Pro 2 is perfect for machinists, supervisors, shop owners, tool and die makers, and setters looking to increase productivity.
Calculated Industries 4088 Machinist Calculator Pro 2 Product Specifications
- Machining-specific keys include inch per tooth, inch per revolution, inch per minute, surface feet per minute, number of teeth, width/length of cut, and depth of cut.
- Calculates thread size, drill point, drill size, and pitch diameter.
- Offers selection of 20 popular materials and six processes, including drilling, turning, boring, face milling, slot milling, and end milling.
- Calculates for cutting speed, spindle speed (RPM), cutting feed, feed rate (IPM), number of teeth, feed per tooth / chip load, and radial chip thinning adj factor.
- Features both US and metric unit entries and conversions.
- Includes thread classification tables.
- Functions as a standard calculator.
- Includes trigonometric functions, as well as right triangle math.
- 2-line, 12-digit LCD display (8 normal, 4 fractions) with dimensions of 0.813 x 2.5-inches.
- 12-digit internal accuracy.
- Measures 6.25 x 3.5 x 0.9-inches and weighs 6 ounces.
- Includes one CR2025 battery.
- Dust-, shock-, and moisture-resistant Armadillo Gear case.
- Quick reference guide and complete User’s Guide.
- One-year limited warranty.
PROS and CONS of the Calculated Industries 4088 Machinist Calculator Pro 2
- Long-lasting battery.
- Portable build.
- 2-line LCD display.
- Top-notch build quality.
- Larger screen than previous version.
- Quicker access to IPM, IPT, and SFM functions.
- Includes trigonometric functions.
- Features 20 of the most commonly used metals.
- Stores a significant amount of data with easy retrieval.
- Excellent protective case.
- Good in-depth user’s guide.
- Doubles as a standard calculator.
- Available smartphone app mimics the calculator’s interface.
- Excellent customer service at no cost.
- Slightly expensive (but worth it).
- Takes some time to grasp the many functions.
- Labels for the secondary functions are a bit small.
Calculated Industries 4088 Machinist Calculator Common Complaints
- Learning curve.
The learning curve of the Machinist Calculator Pro 2 is essentially the only gripe mentioned by users. Someone else also pointed out that the text of the secondary functions could be slightly larger. Neither of these issues affects the usefulness of the calculator — and the majority of users have nothing to offer but praise.
Besides, the learning curve is, of course, to be expected. This is due to the multitude of functions that this brilliant tool offers up. With just a little bit of practice and review of the user’s guide, you will get the hang of the functions and interface in no time.
The Machinist Calculator Pro 2 is a game-changer for those working in the machining industry or similar fields. Although its slightly higher price may be a turn-off for some, the functions that it offers are invaluable. This calculator works exactly as is to be expected, especially with the Calculated Industries excellent reputation to back it up. If you decide to purchase this must-have calculator, let us know your thoughts by finding us on Facebook or by leaving a comment below.