Have you been on the lookout for a simple, easy to use calculator? Perhaps your faithful model of many years has finally given up. If you’re looking for something that can easily handle all of your basic calculation needs, the Casio MS-80B could be the perfect choice for you. Take a peek at our complete review below and learn all there is to know about this incredible calculator.
General Info about the Casio MS-80B
The Casio MS-80B offers up simplicity with portability to create the perfect calculator that can tackle any basic calculation you send its way. This unit is perhaps one of the best options to stock up on — leave multiple units in different areas of the house or the office. The Casio MS-80B is also a great choice for school or various tests. Although some exams do not allow any type of scientific calculator, this basic model is often permitted, which is extremely helpful. So, if you’re looking for something simple, yet consistently accurate, consider this calculator.
Casio MS-80B Product Specifications
- Tax and Currency Exchange Functions;
- Profit Margin Percent Calculation;
- Square Root Key;
- Backspace Key;
- Key Rollover;
- Independent 3-Key Memory Function;
- Constants for +, -, x, ÷;
- 3-Digit Comma Separators;
- Automatic Shutdown;
- Includes both On and Off Buttons;
- Plastic Keys with Desktop-Sized Silver Metallic Body;
- 8-Digit, 1-Line LCD Display with an Upright Viewing Angle;
- Powered by Solar Cells and Back-Up Battery;
- Measures 5.4 by 4.0 by 1.2 inches;
- Weighs 5.6 ounces.
PROS and CONS of Casio MS-80B
- Power off button;
- Upright viewing angle;
- Responsive hard plastic buttons that acknowledge keystroke with an audible click;
- Backspace key;
- Dual-powered system;
- Automatic comma markers;
- Rubber feet at the bottom that prevent movement;
- Incredible bang for the buck;
- Perfect size with an easy-to-read display;
- Overall intuitive and easy to use;
- Excellent tax function;
- Good size even for larger hands or wider fingers;
- Buttons are spaced out enough so as to avoid typos;
- Tends to be able to withstand accidental drops and other minor accidents.
- No backlight for LCD display;
- Doesn’t retain digits after shutdown unless utilizing the memory function;
- Rubber feet don’t always prevent all movement;
- Solar power function sometimes fails under dim lighting;
- Percentage calculations require extra buttons compared to other basic calculators;
- Lacks comprehensive instructions.
Common Issues in Casio MS-80B User Reviews
- Rubber feet should be of higher quality so as to completely stop any type of movement or slippage on surface;
- Instructions are less than satisfactory and not as comprehensive as desired;
- Percentage function is not as user-friendly as expected.
These minor issues do raise some valid points. For instance, since the calculator is a desktop unit, the rubber feet should ideally stop any and all movement. If users find the percentage function as being less than user-friendly, more comprehensive instructions would easily remedy this issue. That being said, the majority of reviews offer praise for the Casio MS-80B, saying that it is quite an incredible calculator. While it is indeed very basic, the unit itself is of high quality and delivers consistent results.
Overall, if you are in the market for a great everyday calculator that provides you with the most basic of functions, look no further. Get your hands on the Casio MS-80B. This model truly offers the best bang for your buck, making it easy to stock up if so desired. If you select this unit for all of your basic calculating needs, find us on Facebook or leave us a comment below and let us know what you think about the Casio MS-80B.