In a nearly paperless world, having a hard copy accessible is nevertheless helpful and is in fact still preferred by many users. If you are looking for a calculator that pairs accurate calculations with reliable printer functionality, look no further. The Casio Inc. HR-100TM can perform both standard functions as well as more advanced budgeting calculations. Stick around for a look at the specs, pros, and cons of this quality calculator.
General Info about the Casio Inc. HR-100TM
While it’s true that the world is becoming focused on the strict digitization of documents, paper copies are still important to have on file in certain situations. The Casio Inc. HR-100TM will easily help you to achieve that. This unit is one of the best printing calculators on the market today. It is perfect for those with a home office, a freelancer, or just an ordinary user who wants something reliable to keep track of various budgets and taxes.
Many office workers find it to be an excellent choice and a good bang for the buck, as do those working in accounting or similar fields. Thanks to the calculator’s printing ability, it’s easy to revisit previous calculations whenever necessary.
Casio Inc. HR-100TM Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line extra large LCD display with eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with large non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints 2 lines per second in 2 different colors (positive values print in black and negative values print in red).
- Percentage and cost/sell/profit margin calculation.
- Mark-up / mark-down keys.
- Sign change, item total, and grand total functions.
- Tax and currency conversion.
- 4-key memory functionality.
- Key rollover.
- Powered by AC adapter (included) or 4 AA batteries (not included).
- Measures 11.2 by 6.5 by 2.6 inches.
PROS and CONS of Casio Inc. HR-100TM
- Dual power via AC adapter or AA batteries.
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- Comes with paper and ink already installed.
- Quiet overall despite printing mechanism.
- Ability to include date and time on printouts.
- Two-color printing is incredibly useful for quick reading.
- Printer speed is satisfactory and catches up speedily.
- Great set of features with accurate calculations and extensive functionality.
- Full-sized keyboard is comfortable to use.
- LCD display isn’t backlit.
- No automatic shutdown.
- Included instructions are too difficult to follow.
- Batteries drain faster than expected.
- Due to its lightweight body, slippage is possible during use.
- Paper can be hard to reload and doesn’t tear off too easily.
Common Issues in Casio Inc. HR-100TM User Reviews
- Flimsy body that moves around while in use; not a heavy duty unit.
- Printing mechanism is extremely useful but tearing off the paper can be difficult and reloading isn’t pleasant either.
Despite the few issues mentioned above, users of the Casio Inc. HR-100TM quite enjoy the overall functionality it provides. It features a unique set of capabilities, such as perhaps the most useful feature of two-color printing, which makes it easy to quickly tell the difference between positive and negative values. Users also praise the full-sized keyboard since it makes touch-typing easier to achieve with minimal errors.
Overall, the Casio Inc. HR-100TM has its downsides as most things do but the good far outweighs the bad. Although there are certainly better units out there that come at a higher cost, for those on a tighter budget this calculator works well enough to suit the average user and shouldn’t be dismissed.
If you are in need of a satisfactory calculator with a useful printing ability, take a second look at this unit. Reach out to us on Facebook or by leaving a comment below and share your thoughts on this calculator.