Since the rise of the latest technology, many users have switched to using the built-in calculator found on their smartphone. Then again, there are still many who would prefer to use a physical handheld calculator for all of their calculating needs. If that sounds like you, look no further — the Casio HL-820V could be just the thing you’ve been looking for. Stay tuned for our complete review on this stellar calculator and learn all there is to know, including the specs, pros, cons, and more.
General Info about the Casio HL-820V
The Casio HL-820V comes in the form of an ultra small, pocket-sized calculator that puts the ability of producing accurate calculations right in the palm of your hand. Perfect for anyone wanting to tally up monthly bills at home or add up the grocery total while in the store, this calculator can handle any simple calculation you throw at it. This unit is great around the office or in the classroom, especially for students who require a non-programmable calculator for tests and such. By offering up quality that you can rely on and fast results each and every time, the Casio HL-820V is a great choice for anyone.
Casio HL-820V Product Specifications
- Percentage and Square Root Keys.
- Four Constants (+, -, x, and ÷).
- Three-Key Memory, including Memory Plus, Memory Minus, and Memory Recall/Clear.
- Automatic Shutdown.
- Large Eight-Digit, One-Line LCD Display.
- Pocket-Sized Unit with Flat Viewing Angle.
- Metal Casing with Durable Plastic Keys.
- Powered by an LR44 Battery (Included).
- Measures 4.0 by 2.4 by 0.4 inches.
- Weighs 1.2 ounces.
- Comes with an Attachable Wallet Style Case.
PROS and CONS of Casio HL-820V
- User-friendly with accurate calculations.
- Case included offers up some protection.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Automatic shutdown.
- Lightweight and pocket-sized build.
- Includes a power off button.
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display.
- Percentage and square root keys.
- Three-key memory functionality.
- Accurate calculations.
- Perfect size to take with you while on the go
- Plastic case included feels a bit cheap.
- Case becomes permanent once attached (initially comes unattached with the option to adhere).
- Lacks solar power functionality.
- Doesn’t show actual calculation steps, only the final result.
- Buttons are a bit slimmer than desired for maximum keying accuracy.
- Too small and uncomfortable for larger hands.
- Somewhat flimsy build despite metallic casing.
Common Issues in Casio HL-820V User Reviews
- Less than satisfactory for those with larger hands, in both overall build and button size.
Despite the complaint on the Casio HL-820V about its size making it too small to be held comfortably by some users, this calculator has received quite a few complementary reviews. For instance, a few common highlights in many user reviews include the calculator’s ease of use and accuracy. Most users truly enjoy being able to snap up this pocket-sized device and reach the correct answer to a somewhat complex calculation within seconds. Many users also praise the portability of the Casio HL-820V, saying that its small size encourages them to take it with them wherever they go, easily stowing it away within pockets, purses, briefcases, or backpacks.
Overall, the Casio HL-820V is perfectly suitable for use in a variety of situations and environments. Just the thing when it comes to reaching accurate results whether in the home, office, classroom, or elsewhere, this calculator provides you with a comprehensive yet tiny machine that does it all.
This unit is perfect for when you don’t require a more advanced scientific calculator and instead just want something that can tackle the basics. Plus, it’s so cost-effective that it’s easy enough to purchase more than one and store them around your home or office.
If you decide to get your hands on the Casio HL-820V, reach out by leaving a comment below and let us know what you think.