The Casio DR-210TM is a printing calculator capable of churning out results at the incredible speed of 4.4 lines per second. Packed with intuitive functions, great performance, and speed, the Casio DR-210TM can handle it all. To learn all there is to know about this quality unit, stay tuned for our review of the Casio DR-210TM.
General Info about the Casio DR-210TM
Engineered with the user in mind, the Casio DR-210TM features a heavy-duty build that is able to handle it all. If you work out in the field, this unit is likely to take a beating. It needs to be able to survive the harshest of conditions — and the Casio DR-210TM can do just that.
Even for those working or running an office, this calculator is an excellent choice. Its performance is of the highest standard in terms of speed, reliability, and accuracy. Besides that, it has been specifically built to handle the extended periods of use that are common in demanding office environments. With the Casio DR-210TM, you will not be disappointed.
Casio DR-210TM Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line large Digitron display with eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with heavy-duty non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints up to 4.4 lines per second.
- Dual-color printing — positive values print in black, while negative values print in red.
- Cost/Sell/Margin and tax calculations.
- Sign change, item counter, and grand total functions.
- Mark-up/mark-down keys.
- 4-key memory functionality.
- Powered by AC adapter (included).
- Measures 17.0 by 8.5 by 3.5 inches (with printer roll).
PROS and CONS of the Casio DR-210TM
- Dual-color printing capability.
- Speedy printing at 4.4 lines per second.
- Heavy-duty body built to last.
- Large Digitron display for easy viewing.
- Print on the keys does not wear off easily, if at all.
- Includes printed subtotal function.
- Takes standard printer paper rolls.
- Adds in commas (as apostrophes) for easy reading.
- Printing is quieter compared to competing models.
- Big keys offer a nice solid touch.
- Packs in lots of functions.
- Can keep up with fast keying.
- Able to keep an item count.
- Includes a double zero key.
- Uses inexpensive ribbon instead of expensive ink cartridges.
- Powered via AC adapter only.
- Instruction manual is not very helpful.
- Body is larger than average desktop units.
Common Issues in Casio DR-210TM User Reviews
- The “C” key deletes only the previous entry; it doesn’t clear the entire calculation.
- Takes a bit of time adjusting to Casio keyboard layout if coming over from another brand like Sharp or others.
A few issues raised by various users of the Casio DR-210TM are those that resolve themselves after a brief adjustment period. Some users who previously relied on units from Sharp or similar brands need to take extra time to get used to the Casio keyboard layout or other differences.
Otherwise, users of the Casio DR-210TM truly seem to enjoy using this machine. A handful of favorite features include the calculator’s speedy printing and processor, heavy-duty build, and sturdy keys. Users find that they don’t have to wait for the calculator to catch up with them, unlike with other models. Instead, they can key in entries at maximum speed with no problems whatsoever.
Overall, the Casio DR-210TM is one of the more advanced adding machines out there. The printing capability and speedy processor is top-notch, making this unit ready to take on anything you can throw at it. Let us know what you like or don’t like about the Casio DR-210TM by leaving us a comment below.