Does your work require you to travel or perform accounting-related tasks while on the go? In the following review, we are going to take a look at the features, specs, pros, and cons of the Canon P23-DH V. You will soon see why this particular calculator is an exceptional choice for any and all of your calculation needs.
General Info about the Canon P23-DH V s
One of the most groundbreaking printing calculators is the Canon P23-DH V. It’s not only portable but also it’s intuitive and quite user-friendly. Better yet, there is a built-in battery strength indicator that lets you know when the batteries are starting to run low.
The Canon P23-DH V is packed with features besides the usual functions, such as the ability to perform profit margin calculations with a minimal amount of keystrokes. Time calculation is by far the most unique highlight of this calculator, enabling users to speedily crunch numbers for a time-based fee. The Canon P23-DH V is an all-around great unit and the portability it offers is a nice touch as well.
Canon P23-DH V 2 Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line extra large LCD display with fixed eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with large non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints 2.3 lines per second on 2 1/4-inch paper roll.
- Dual color printing (positive values in purple and negative values in red).
- Various calculations include tax, time, and cost/sell/margin.
- Decimal positions include + (add mode), 0, 2, 3, and F (floating position).
- Clock and calendar function.
- Sign change key.
- Customizable rounding capability.
- 4-key memory functionality.
- Automatic shutdown after approximately 7 minutes.
- Battery strength indicator.
- Powered by AC adapter (included) or 4 AA batteries (not included).
- Measures 6.4 (W) by 9.1 (L) by 2.2 (H) inches.
- Weighs 1.1 pounds.
PROS and CONS of Canon P23-DH V 2
- Good bang for the buck.
- Doubles as a regular calculator and a printing calculator.
- Comes with a user manual.
- Includes a small roll of paper (expect to order a replacement soon).
- Dual power via AC adapter and batteries.
- Good-sized plastic keys with tactile feedback.
- Adjustable decimal point capability.
- Noise level is good and comparable to similar models.
- Excellent clarity on LCD display.
- User-friendly and works well overall.
- Enters standby mode after being untouched for a bit but then returns with the single press of a button.
- LCD display is not backlit.
- Doesn’t include a square root key.
- Larger build than expected — but nevertheless sturdy.
- Raised circle on the number 5 key is too subtle for touch-typing.
- System doesn’t keep up with faster typing speeds.
- Difficult to insert a new paper roll.
Common Issues in Canon P23-DH V 2 User Reviews
- There is a bit of a learning curve for certain features.
- Key functions are slightly different compared to other calculators.
Users of the Canon P23-DH V find that reading the user manual is a necessity, since there are a few unique functions that otherwise remain mysteries and can cause confusion. Some of the keyboard functions are a bit different as well. For example, the equal sign does not result in a proper answer as is typical on a scientific calculator. Despite these few issues, users love the intuitive printer feature and the fact that the calculator can operate without printing, if so desired. The stable build is another main highlight of this great unit.
The Canon P23-DH V 2 offers portability and convenience in a unique package with an impressive feature set. If your job does require you to maintain reliable performance while on the go, this unit could be your perfect match. If you decide to get your hands on the Canon P23-DH V, drop us a comment down below and let us know about some of your favorite features.