The Canon MP25DV provides users with speedy, efficient calculations combined with the inclusion of an ink ribbon printing system. A heavy-duty unit with a nice sized footprint, the Canon MP25DV is perfect for tackling any type of calculation you might throw at it. Stick around for the following review on the Canon MP25DV to learn all there is to know about the specs, pros, and cons.
General Info about the Canon MP25DV
The heavy-duty Canon MP25DV printing calculator is the perfect addition to any office, providing users with a packed feature set. Whether you need to calculate finances, taxes, or just do some simple math calculations, this unit can easily tackle it all. Review your entries via the large, easy-to-read fluorescent display or print out a hard copy with the dual-colored printing mechanism. The keyboard layout on the Canon MP25DV is excellent for keying in long strings of data. The keys are large and offer a nice touch to aid in touch-typing. Further, the speediness of the printer, coming in at 4.3 lines per second, is quite impressive.
Canon MP25DV Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line large fluorescent display with eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with large non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints 4.3 lines per second on a standard paper roll.
- Dual-colored printing — positive numbers print in black and negative numbers print in red.
- Cost/sell/margin, item counter, and grand total function.
- Tax calculation.
- 4-key memory functionality.
- Rounding up, off, and down capability.
- Adjustable decimal point system — + (add mode), 0, 2, 3, 4, 6, and F (floating position).
- Calendar and clock function for display and printing.
- Powered by AC adapter (included).
- Measures 8.8 (W) by 12.6 (L) by 3.6 (H) inches.
- Weighs 3.7 pounds.
PROS and CONS of the Canon MP25DV
- Quiet printing despite speed of 4.3 lines per second.
- Dual-color printing allows for quick review of printed calculations.
- Prints with ribbon instead of expensive ink cartridges.
- Easy-to-read fluorescent display even in dim lighting.
- Adjustable decimal point system.
- Good keyboard layout.
- Keys offer up a nice touch.
- Easy to reload printer paper roll.
- Comes with a pull out instruction sheet in the front drawer.
- Solid build quality.
- Perfect size for a desktop.
- Can be used without printer functionality to save paper when desired.
- Inclusion of a calendar and clock function.
- Powered by AC adapter only.
- Lacks automatic shutdown.
- Doesn’t convert currency.
- No mark up / mark down functionality.
- Commas are displayed at the top.
- Bulky in terms of weight.
- Lacks time calculation.
- Keys begin to stick after some use.
Common Issues in Canon MP25DV User Reviews
- Keys sometimes begin to stick after a bit of use.
The issue with keys sticking is a common one that many users of the Canon MP25DV have experienced. Some users have pointed it out after owning this calculator for just a few months. Other users seemed entirely pleased with the Canon MP25DV and didn’t mention the keys sticking whatsoever. Unfortunately it may be a hit-or-miss kind of situation.
Otherwise, users seemed to most love the general functionality of the unit. Other favorite features of the Canon MP25DV include its solid build quality, calendar and clock on the display, easy-to-read fluorescent display, and speedy printing.
Overall, the Canon MP25DV is truly a good calculator packed with lots of stellar features. Although it’s not the absolute best unit out there, it serves numerous users extremely well, especially those using it in the office or during tax season. Let us know what you think about the Canon MP25DV by dropping us a comment below.