Are you in need of a heavy-duty calculator with printer functionality that can withstand extensive daily use? If so, look no further because the Canon MP11DX could quite possibly be the perfect one for you. In the following review, we are going to take a look at the specs, pros, and cons of this calculator.
General Info about the Canon MP11DX
The Canon MP11DX offers up the perfect balance between user-friendly performance and tried-and-true functionality, satisfying even the most critical of professionals. Whether you are a CPA, run your own business, work in a store, or otherwise, you will find this printing calculator to be a pleasure to use. In order to boost productivity, simply set the rate that you use most often and you will cut quite a few steps from various calculations.
The Canon MP11DX also offers a great high-speed printer functionality that prints in two different colors, making it easy to tell the difference between the positive and negative values with just a glance. Thanks to the calculator’s built-in clock and calendar, you can even have the date and time show up on the display or on your printouts.
Canon MP11DX Product Specifications
- 12-digit, 1-line large fluorescent display with eye-angled viewing.
- Desktop-sized body with large non-stick plastic keys.
- Prints 3.7 lines per second.
- Dual-colored printing (positive values in black and negative values in red).
- Cost/sell/margin and tax calculation.
- Grand total feature.
- Clock and calendar function.
- Rounding up/off/down.
- Adjustable decimal positions include + (adding mode), 0, 2, 3, 4, 6, and F (floating mode).
- 4-key memory functionality.
- Powered via AC adapter with a battery backup.
- Measures 15 by 9 by 4 inches.
PROS and CONS of Canon MP11DX
- High-speed printing at 3.7 lines per second.
- Includes a starter paper roll (expect to order a replacement soon).
- Solid keys for easy touch-typing.
- Nice-sized footprint for a desk.
- Adjustable decimal place function.
- Dual-colored printing.
- Easy to replace the paper roll.
- Overall heavy-duty machine.
- Perfect placement of keys.
- Quiet printing.
- Automatic shutdown.
- Date and time stamping visible on printout, if desired.
- Numbers don’t stay in memory after shutting down.
- Fixed display (doesn’t tilt).
- Some or all keys might stick during use.
- Has only two instead of four rubber feet on the bottom (but nevertheless seems to get the job done).
Common Issues in Canon MP11DX User Reviews
- Sometimes the keys stick during use.
While not every Canon MP11DX user has experienced this issue, one of the most common complaints is that either all or some of the keys stick. Unfortunately this can make speedy typing or touch-typing quite difficult to achieve, oftentimes resulting in wrong answers or inaccurate calculations.
On the other hand, many users praise the high-speed printer functionality that the Canon MP11DX offers up. Users love the fact that printed information shows up in two different colors, displaying positive values in black and negative values in red. The stable, heavy-duty construction of the calculator is especially appreciated as well.
Now that you have a better handle on all of the incredible functions that the Canon MP11DX is capable of, it’s up to you to decide whether this unit could be the one for you. While this calculator does perform well in terms of the standard functionality that users would typically expect, the printing capability is by far the highlight of this incredible workhorse.