Looking for a new calculator? Maybe your old one finally gave out after all those years together and you’re on the hunt for a new model to use around the office. If you’re looking for a quality calculator that offers only basic functions but provides accurate answers every single time, perhaps you would be interested in the Canon LS 82Z. Stay tuned for our review to learn more about this model.
General Info about the Canon LS 82Z
The Canon LS 82Z is super user-friendly, basic calculator, and the perfect tool for anyone to use, whether at the office, at home, or while out and about. Ensure accurate calculations each and every time, thanks to the chunky plastic keys. Perhaps the highlight, however, is the incredible LCD display this calculator provides — it offers an angled view that wards off overhead glare and the numbers show up crisply and are easy to read even in dim lighting. The only thing you may need to worry about in regard to the Canon LS 82Z is one of your co-workers or family members “accidentally” walking away with it — that’s how good it is. You can’t go wrong here.
Canon LS 82Z Product Specifications
- Large 8-Digit, 1-Line LCD Display.
- Floating Decimal Point System.
- Extraction of Square Root.
- Percentage Calculations.
- 3-Key Memory, including Memory Plus, Memory Minus, and Recall/Clear Memory.
- Automatic Shutdown (After Approximately 7 Minutes).
- Upright Viewing Angle.
- Plastic Keys.
- Compact Size for Portability.
- Powered by Solar Cells and LR1130 Battery (Included).
- Measures 3.5 by 4.4 by 1.3 inches.
- Weighs 2.5 ounces.
PROS and CONS of the Canon LS 82Z
- Dual power source.
- Plastic buttons that are easy to push.
- Automatic power off.
- Clear, easy-to-read display with large numbers.
- Upright angle of display helps to ward off glare and eye strain.
- Nice-sized build that truly makes the calculator a “handheld” model.
- Performs well with basic functions.
- Speedy processor.
- Long battery life.
- User-friendly with a good button layout.
- Durable body that tends to keep working even after multiple drops and other events that occur from everyday office use.
- Size is perfect for portability.
- Lacks a power off button.
- Buttons sometimes stick.
- Doesn’t store calculations after turning off.
Common Issues in the Canon LS 82Z User Reviews
- Calculator is too small and not suitable for all hand sizes.
The size of the Canon LS 82Z is a matter of personal preference. While many of the users observed that the calculator was much smaller than they expected, most were not actually upset over the sizing. Instead, those who would have preferred the calculator to be larger were those with bigger or less nimble hands.
Besides this note, the majority of user reviews focused on the main highlights of this calculator. For instance, although this model is surely very basic, it functions exactly as one would expect, providing accurate calculations each and every time. The buttons are easy to press and never miss a keystroke. Overall, most users offer praise for the Canon LS 82Z and say that it’s the perfect unit to keep around the house, with you while on the go, and at the office.
Overall, the Canon LS 82Z is the perfect choice for anyone in search of an incredible calculator that provides all of the basic functions one would hope for. You really can’t beat the price and it’s certainly affordable enough to purchase multiples, which you will likely want to do. If you decide to go for the Canon LS 82Z, leave us a comment and let us know how it goes.